Welcome to New College at the University of Toronto. Now that you have been admitted to New, there are some key steps to take to get ready for the first day of classes.
- Accept your offer of admission by June 1 or the date specified in your offer letter. You can accept your offer of admission at www.ouac.on.ca. As of June 1, you can access your TCard (your student card) and set up your University of Toronto email account. Read the online instructions at tcard.utoronto.ca and www.utorid.utoronto.ca.
- In mid-June, check your email for an invitation to join the New Student Academic Hub on Quercus (U of T’s a virtual learning platform) where you can learn more about course selection and academic planning. You’ll also be invited to a virtual Ask an Advisor: New Student Group Advising session offered by the New College Registrar’s Office in July.
- In addition to this guide, review the Faculty of Arts & Science Calendar and Registration Instructions & Timetable.
- As of July 3, view your course enrolment start time on ACORN.
- First-year students enrol in courses beginning July 20 using ACORN.
- Make the minimum required payment or defer your fees by August 30.
- Participate in Orientation events, sponsored by the New College Student Council, starting mid-August.
- Begin classes on Thursday, September 7.