The sample schedule below shows an example of how you might structure your week. When creating your schedule, keep in mind the following points.
- Fill in all “committed” time— i.e. classes and class locations, part-time jobs, volunteer work, sports, clubs, travel time.
- Fill in time for eating, studying, house-keeping chores.
- Schedule study time for reading ahead for classes, reviewing lectures and notes and planning and completing assignments.
- Be sure to schedule time to relax and have fun. For example, you can spend an hour between classes to go to the gym or meet up with friends.
- Give yourself enough time to complete your tasks—just completing the readings for one course can take much more time than you estimate.