How do students pay fees?

For payments within Canada, tuition and residence fees can be paid through a bank in Canada or, by credit card online. Keep your stamped Fees Invoice receipt and any bank receipt as your proof of payment. If you use online or telephone banking, make a note of the confirmation number. View the instructions on making payment within Canada.

What if students are paying from outside Canada?

The University of Toronto has partnered with WU GlobalPay for Students to allow students from countries other than Canada to make the Canadian-dollar payment in the currency of choice at a local bank, at a competitive exchange rate and with no transaction charges from WU GlobalPay or the University of Toronto. View further info about how to pay from outside Canada.

How do students know if their fee payment has been received by the University?

Students will be able to see fee payments on ACORN in the financial account section. Payments typically take 3–5 business days to be processed.

When should students apply for student loans?

If students intend to apply for a loan from OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program), they submit their application online as early as possible and by June 15 at the latest. It takes 8–10 weeks for processing.

When will OSAP be released to students?

OSAP loans are applied to the student fees account in the first week of classes in September and January. In September, 60% of the total OSAP is released, and in January the remaining 40% is released. 

What kind of financial aid is available at New College?

Bursaries and grants (non-repayable) are available to students who qualify for OSAP loans or funding from another province or territory, or from a First Nations band. Apply online through ACORN as of the first day of classes in September. 

What is UTAPS?

University of Toronto Advance Planning for Students (UTAPS) is a financial aid program for full-time domestic students who are eligible for a government student loan. For students who are assessed by OSAP (or other provincial loans) as requiring maximum assistance and whose assessed need is not fully covered by the student loan, the University will ensure that the unmet need is met through a UTAPS grant. 

What is a fee deferral?

If a student is receiving a government student loan or band funding, they may be able to defer their fees without making the minimum payment required to register. A fee deferral is a special arrangement between a student and the University if they are unable to make the minimum tuition payment. Students who qualify for a fee deferral do so with the understanding that this arrangement temporarily delays their need to make their tuition payment until their student aid funding arrives. 

Can a student pay with a scholarship?

If a student is receiving a scholarship that is worth more than the minimum required payment, they may be able to defer their fees without making the minimum payment required to register. Submit a copy of the award letter, a completed deferral form and a copy of the Fees Invoice to the Office of Student Accounts. The deferral form is available online. Remember to make payments for any fee balance remaining.